1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with marking past SATs papers for KS2/ Y6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chuckles76, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Is it possible to get hold of copies of the mark schemes for past SATs papers (KS2)?

I have managed to find the level thresholds, but was wondering of there were copies of the mark schemes/ mark allocations for them.

Whilst on supply recently I was asked to do a some past papers with the one of the year 6 classes. I was asked to administer the tests on one day, then go through the answers the following day. I was only left copies of the booklets the children needed and nothing else. I just about worked out the maths paper, but the reading test was much harder as I wasn't sure exactly what they were looking for, especially when answers were worth 2 or more marks (what did they need to write to get 1,2 or 3 marks etc).

I did search for information online, but to no avail. Is it possible to find this information online?

All help greatly appreciated (if you can make sense of my rambling!)

Chuckles x

2. Is it possible to get hold of copies of the mark schemes for past SATs papers (KS2)?

I have managed to find the level thresholds, but was wondering of there were copies of the mark schemes/ mark allocations for them.

Whilst on supply recently I was asked to do a some past papers with the one of the year 6 classes. I was asked to administer the tests on one day, then go through the answers the following day. I was only left copies of the booklets the children needed and nothing else. I just about worked out the maths paper, but the reading test was much harder as I wasn't sure exactly what they were looking for, especially when answers were worth 2 or more marks (what did they need to write to get 1,2 or 3 marks etc).

I did search for information online, but to no avail. Is it possible to find this information online?

All help greatly appreciated (if you can make sense of my rambling!)

Chuckles x

3. 666

You can get all past papers and mark schemes from testbase.

Do you need the mark scheme now, or is it for future reference?

4. Thanx 666

It's mostly for future reference

I'm teaching a Y6 class again on friday, so may need them then. I think they may be needed quite a lot soon as everyone prepares for SATs.

Are they free from testbase?

Chuckles x

5. Also available if you have subscribed to Learn Premium (the guardian site). They have all the test papers and the mark schemes on there.

6. 666

Test base is not free, but most schools will have it. Mind you, they should also have the mark schemes for the papers they are asking you to mark!

7. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

You can download some of them from www.qca.org.uk - I think it's in publications, then do a search.

8. Thanx everyone

666 - I agree that they should have been provided for me - but things like this often happen on supply!

Does anyone know if I can get this information for free?

Chuckles x

9. Ezzie, just had a quick look on the QCA site, but can't find the publications - could anyone point me in the right direction?

10. mab

mab

what about trying emaths.co.uk they ahve SATS papers and mark schemes good luck

11. Hi mab,

I'd found the maths ones on emaths (although they don't go very far back).

Thanx

I'm really struggling to find mark schemes for the others, especially the reading tests. Anyone any suggestions?

12. The school should have kept the teacher booklets that come with the tests - they are included in all the test paraphenalia that arrives at SATs time. They have the mark schemes for all the tests in them. Although each mark scheme is geared at whichever particular genre is being covered that year, it is possible to roughly apply them to any genre. I'm sure you've asked about these already, so sorry if this is not much help! I'm not sure about other years but last years literacy booklet was yellow. They are really useful for the reading tests as they seem really particular about what they will and won't accept as answers. Last year I remember being really puzz;ed by some of the answers they would accpet, and those that they specifically stated that they wouldn't!

13. Thanx Rebecs

I asked the parallel teacher if she knew where the mark booklets were - but she didn't! Several children helped me to look for them around the classroom, but no luck!

Does anyone know if it possible to find the mark schemes for past SATs papers online (and for free!)?

I've managed to find a few of the Numeracy ones on the emaths site, and the level threshold tables for all past papers (Lit, num and sci) buts that's it so far.

14. ^up^
    just in case anyone can help...

15. I don't think they are available on the internet anywhere. Somebody asked last year and i am fairly certain they were unsuccessful too. They should have been kept with the actual test papers. They must be in school somewhere...you just need to know who to ask. Have you tried asking the deputy/head?? Or the subject co-ordinators??

16. Hi Nasplat

I asked the parallel Y6 teacher (who is a member of the SMT). As I was on supply at the school I didn't ask anyone else.

I have to say I'm surprised that this information isn't available on the net - as it's starting to look like that is the case.

If anyone knows where I can get hold of these mark schemes (and if there are pdfs of the test papers too) please let me know!

Chuckles x

17. Have seen that site, but don't want to play for them as I'm working as a supply teacher at the moment so won't get as much use out of them as Y6 teachers!

18. which one are you looking for? Post your e-mail address and I'll have a go at e-mailing it.

19. Thanx for the offer Littlemissteacher, but I'm not looking for specific ones at the moment as I'm on supply. I just thought (expected) there to be somewhere online where I could find this information for free - but it looks like that isn't the case...