1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with low level disruption

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by joannew1508, Dec 6, 2011.

1. About to introduce some behaviour modification techniques into the class room for use with low level disruption, any ideas please?

2. About to introduce some behaviour modification techniques into the class room for use with low level disruption, any ideas please?

3. hi,

In my class we had a BIG problem with persistent shouting out. I decided to scrap a lesson and get it sorted. We spent over an hour talking and discussing how to sort it out and we came up with loads of ideas. We decided on having a sheet next my chair where I tend to do most of my teaching from with all the kids names on it. If they shouted out when I was talking, then I would give them a strike - Five strikes and they loose five minutes break time to 'pay the class back' for disturbing and disrupting everyone. I introduced it last week and it has really helped. I now dont even correct a child for shouting out, I just put up a strike. At the beginning of each lesson I try to remind everyone how close they are to loosing their break.

Although I use this for shouting out, it could easily be adapted for anything. My kids also didnt want to give the people shouting out a chance to earn it back and they wanted to carry it on for a week and get a new sheet on Mondays - AMAZING impact - plus brownie points as it was the children who came up with the idea.

Cheerio

C