1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with literacy planning...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skt107, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I've been asked to support another teacher in literacy and numeracy over the next few weeks and feel a little overwhelmed! Currently trying to plan my literacy and getting in a bit of a muddle so wondered if anyone would mind sharing ideas with me?
    The main aim is to make learning more fun and interactive, improve modelling of skills and differentiation to suit children's needs. For literacy I am aiming to use the film dangle. When I've done this before I've always started with a conscience alley and diary writing to write in role what happened when he pulled the rope. But was finding that difficult to really show how I usually differentiate...
    So I am thinking of getting the children to start by retelling the opening of the story. Will start by collecting in vocabulary at the start and then getting the children to work in mixed ability groups to draw a story map of the start of the opening (thought continuing it would be a little too much for just one lesson. Groups will be responsible for different language features (LA: TIme connectives, MA: More interesting verbs, HA: Adverbs) and these will be looked for in the plenary.
    Then later in the week he's back so was thinking about doing some shared and guided writing to write the opening before then continuing with the film in the following week.
    Does this sound okay? Would appreciate any suggestions!
    Now onto the numeracy.......!

2. I've been asked to support another teacher in literacy and numeracy over the next few weeks and feel a little overwhelmed! Currently trying to plan my literacy and getting in a bit of a muddle so wondered if anyone would mind sharing ideas with me?
    The main aim is to make learning more fun and interactive, improve modelling of skills and differentiation to suit children's needs. For literacy I am aiming to use the film dangle. When I've done this before I've always started with a conscience alley and diary writing to write in role what happened when he pulled the rope. But was finding that difficult to really show how I usually differentiate...
    So I am thinking of getting the children to start by retelling the opening of the story. Will start by collecting in vocabulary at the start and then getting the children to work in mixed ability groups to draw a story map of the start of the opening (thought continuing it would be a little too much for just one lesson. Groups will be responsible for different language features (LA: TIme connectives, MA: More interesting verbs, HA: Adverbs) and these will be looked for in the plenary.
    Then later in the week he's back so was thinking about doing some shared and guided writing to write the opening before then continuing with the film in the following week.
    Does this sound okay? Would appreciate any suggestions!
    Now onto the numeracy.......!