1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with lesson please all! x

Discussion in 'Primary' started by richbreeds, Jun 25, 2011.

1. richbreeds

richbreeds New commenter

Right for my observation with my Year 6 class my learning objective is- To use a variety of sentence openers.

I am going to show the children pictures from Shaun Tan books and get them to construct sentences with different openers.

I am having trouble thinking of how to stretch my more ables who are higher level 5s. Also I am not too sure yet what to do for my Level 2 children. Any ideas guys???

Cheers

2. richbreeds

richbreeds New commenter

O.K- i am nearly sorted now.

My Lowers are going to be given some sentences and change the openers.
    My middles will have a sort of storyboard of pictures and write sentences, using different openers underneath.

It is just my more able children- really don't know how to stretch them. Any ideas please????

3. Did you say this is for year 6?
    I did a very similar activity with that LO for my year 2 children a few weeks ago.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I am doing a similar thing with my year 6s this week, but as a starter activity. I couldn't justify doing it all lesson, except with my least able.

The most able will be leading the start activity and the next most able will be changing word order as well as openers.

5. richbreeds

richbreeds New commenter

Yes it is Year 6.

It is something my class drastically needs. 99% of them start every single sentence with 'the' or 'they'

I am sure there is no other way to phrase the L.O for them, other than the way I am using!

6. richbreeds

richbreeds New commenter

I see what you are saying. My class are a very low ability class. Mostly level 2s and 3Cs. I do have a couple of more able children though. I don't know how I can change things to make it more appropriate. I don't want to be slated for it not being age appropriate you see!