1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with learning intention please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by handycart, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I'm doing a guided reading session for an observation and have decided the group need to develp their inference skills. They are the low ability in my year 5 class and i'm struggling with the wording for my learning intention.
    deduce, infer or interpret information, events or ideas from text is too wordy and would just confude them. Does anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks

2. I'm doing a guided reading session for an observation and have decided the group need to develp their inference skills. They are the low ability in my year 5 class and i'm struggling with the wording for my learning intention.
    deduce, infer or interpret information, events or ideas from text is too wordy and would just confude them. Does anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'd bear the text you're using in mind when writing it, but go with something like:
    *To be able to work out extra details from the clues in a text
    and paint it as being 'reading detectives'