1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with interview questions for Deputy Head?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Lana - Lea, Mar 18, 2007.

1. everyone is so helpful here, wish i had visited sooner. i have an interview for deputy head next week. does anyone have a "mock" interview? or questions, advice etc to help me "win the race". thanks. e mail address
    looloolana@hotmail.com

2. everyone is so helpful here, wish i had visited sooner. i have an interview for deputy head next week. does anyone have a "mock" interview? or questions, advice etc to help me "win the race". thanks. e mail address
    looloolana@hotmail.com

3. I've been asked a few.....
    (ahem)

Describe a project you've led to raise standards in your classroom keystage or school

How will you use RAISEonline to enhance the quality of learning?

How will you build on the school's current good practice? (this is a favourite of mine as the school was in dire straits!)

when I think of more I'll let you know

4. I was recently interviewed and some of the questions I was asked were:

What is your understanding of shared leadership and what impact does this have on a school?

How do you deal with conflict?

How would you utilise outside data to raise pupil standards?

How does monitoring influence teaching standards?

Generally there were loads of questions about assessment, moderation and monitoring - all thinking about how to raise standards... hope this is helpful.

5. I too was asked about:

I was recently interviewed and some of the questions I was asked were:

What is your understanding of shared leadership and what impact does this have on a school?

Conflict

Raising pupil standards?

How monitoring influences standards?

6. You have e-mail!

=:cool:[--{

7. I was asked
    'What do you consider to be your biggest mistake?'
    ' Define the learning environment and how do you promote it?'
    ' How would you encourage unenthusiastic staff to take part in new initiatives?'
    'How would you maintain standards in school?'