1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with interview for literacy lesson in reception

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by xrysath, Oct 27, 2017.

1. xrysath

xrysath New commenter

Hello all. I am about to start my supply teaching in UK after 3 years of working experience within nurseries and I have already been booked in for an interview for an EYFS maternity cover role for Tuesday coming. I will be observed for 30 min literacy lesson on 30 reception class children but have not been given info on the learning style or type of students and the subject is up to me. Can anybody help me please in details about the planning and the lesson? Thanking you in advance.

2. Chicken_madras

Chicken_madras New commenter

Hi. Good luck for Tuesday. My advice would be not to have all children on carpet for 30 mins doing the same activity, make sure you have a mixture of independent and adult led activities for them to do. Think about what you want them to learn, which of the ELGs you will focus on. Plan your activities around this rather than thinking about what you want them to do.