1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with interview activities

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by jinxit, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Literacy-The Naughty Bus story is a lesson that I always find works really well in engaging the children and getting good speaking and listening outcomes. Have a wrapped present and ask children what do they think might be inside it-have some clues written on side and then after a few guesses reveal the naughty bus and the book whichhas all his naughty adventures. Then in a small group have a story bag prepared with props from the Naughty bus and allow the children to role the story.

2. vou

vou

Hi, whatever you do - base your activities on speaking and listening - that seems to be the big thing when it comes to interviews and lessons observations. Good luck :)

3. Thank you for your ideas/suggestion! I am not going to use them as you described them rather to refelect on and find my own varation with other games. I like a focus 'on speaking and listening activity, I was thinkig along such lines and your suggestion just confirmed that it might be a good idea. By the way, I was offered a job at another school yesterday after a really gruelling interview and I accepted the offer. I am really pleased about it. So for this one, I had to withdraw my acceptance of the inteview. Thanks a lot for your genuine advice.

4. oops,I've just noticed a few typos, sorry :)

5. Well done :)