1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with ideas for an observation

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mpc, Jan 14, 2011.

1. mpc

mpc

Goodness - you've been given a few weeks notice. We get a day or two! In some ways, having too much time is worse though.
    Could you give us a bit more information re topics so I can (possibly) make some suggestions? I know it shouldn't make any difference but it does. I would say that you most likely need to be considering the following:
    differentiation downwards
    wordmats for less able students
    your seating arrangements within your class
    student independence - have you seen the fabulous Tarsia dominoes first suggested to me by Geekie (God bless her!)
    inclusion of some thinking skills.
    Hope I'm not coming across as pompous.
    All the best [​IMG] (weekend mpc)

2. sun5hine

sun5hine New commenter

what do you mean by Tarsia dominoes?

3. mpc

mpc

4. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Just to mention that sometimes in language lessons it is difficult to show progress because of the nature of our subject. We are often practising previously acquired skills. So, with this in mind you could try to teach a grammar point or vocab area from scratch.
    Otherwise, I quite like running dictation as a fall-back, if your kids can handle that sort of thing.

5. The obs are next week - I'm doing text scanning reading skills ans past tense with yr 11 Spanish mixed ability (small group), and introducing past tense with er verbs in free time activities with yr8 bottom set french.

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

check out the snakes and ladders board for er verbs on resources.
    Let me know if you can't find it and I'll email it to you. I'm using it tomorrow for an obs!

7. That's be great if you could email it please? My address is misasimz@yahoo.com

Thanks

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

you have mail

9. mpc

mpc

How about an 'odd one out' for your Y11 to get them thinking?
    For reading text, spidergram of some kind (key verbs, kids have to match the nouns and shade them in)?