1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with grease

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by kelina, Aug 17, 2012.

1. my school is putting on extracts of grease and we really need a car for one of the scenes

i am in lincolnshire - has anyone got any suggestions - ideas about if you can hire them?

thank you

2. Avoid it if possible, it's really not worth it. It takes up so much of the stage it gets in the way of choreography, it's a nightmare to get on and off (also causing issues with wing space), and is a health and safety nightmare.

3. resources4drama

resources4drama New commenter

How does that work regarding licencing?

4. We used an old transit double seat, covered it in red leatherette and mounted it on a board with lockable castors so easy to move and position on stage. Worked really well and we've used it since for extracts of Port!

5. I have a grease car available for hire, please send me an email, davedevents@hotmail.co.uk or ring me on 07855222881

Thanks

David

6. thingwall

thingwall New commenter

Aaah the great car from Grease request - like the first cuckoo. Followed in the past by the great Grease morality debate - see various drama forums passim. (and a special mention here for the copyright debate as well!)