1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with dissertation research? EAL

Discussion in 'Primary' started by trainee1995, Mar 3, 2017.

1. trainee1995

trainee1995 New commenter

Part of my educational philosophy is that schools and teachers should continually strive to build and maintain strong relationships with the parents of the pupils to encourage good learning environments for children and boost educational attainment. It is also true that the percentage of children in schools with English as an additional language has risen over the past years. I have noticed a potential gap in the training of teachers on how to improve confidence in communicating and engaging with parents who have English as an additional language. I’d like to find out how confident teachers and trainees feel within this situation, what training they have had around the subject, and what experiences they have had with any difficulties in communication or engagement. If you could help me out with this and fill in the following questionnaire I would be grateful, however, please keep in mind this must be completely voluntary and you are under no obligation to do so.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5JJVXWD

Thank you,
    Trainee1995

2. badviolinist

badviolinist New commenter

Done, good luck!