1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Class Notebook

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by liamfh, Jun 3, 2019.

1. liamfh

liamfh New commenter

Hi, I am hoping for help from the wise ones on here.

I have posted before about showing progress and Class Notebook was recommended by a few people. I need it because we have a "teacher on a page" in my school and although I am good with outstanding features for planning and lesson obs I am deemed as inadequate because I cant show pupil progress?? I cant access the students drive or print their work off. Exactly what they would expect me to do for a video unit I don't know..

To solve this we have been trying to setup class notebook so i can mark the students work, annotate it and send it back. I can then add SLT to the notebooks so they can see the work. Our school use Blue Box for technical support and our technician (we have 2.5 days) doesn't know how to set it up.

Can anyone who uses it tell me exactly how it works?

Are the students using office 365 online or do they use the offline versions? If so how do they send it back to you?

Any help would be really appreciated

2. dalersmith

dalersmith Occasional commenter

If your school has office 365 and students have emails via Outlook there shouldn't be too much of an issue. I use both online and offline versions as you cannot mark and comment on the online version, but you can view uploaded work to check it is there. Students once you set up a class get an email invitation to the class and they follow that, uploading is drag and drop, or copy and paste. To mark uploaded work use the offline version, as you can print to screen, then add comments or even record yourself giving comments if you have a webcam and microphone. I set up a class with another teacher as a student just so that I could get to grips with setting up and getting work, so you could try that. If you create a class notebook you will also be able to access the professional development section which has a video guide if you need it as well. On an aside Class Notebook also integrates with forms so you can add quizzes that are self marking, I found this really helpful on none coursework elements of IT/iMedia courses.
    Hope this helps

3. liamfh

liamfh New commenter

Thanks, that's really useful, I will pass it on to our IT technician. . The way our systems are setup is confusing. We do have Office 365, and the students use outlook but it doesn't work?? I will let him sort it out.