1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with burning a DVD

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Thegirlfrommars, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Would someone be able to tell me how I can burn a programme on tv onto a disc please?

2. Would someone be able to tell me how I can burn a programme on tv onto a disc please?

3. It all depends on the format you've encoded it as. Windows DVD Maker is pretty darn good though.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Presumably you don't have access to a DVD Recorder, and you don't have a TV tuner with a recording option on your computer?

Is the programme available in separate parts (or in full) on YouTube? If so, try www.keepvid.com, then copy the resulting file(s) direct to CD.

5. Is that legal?

6. And if you have one of those pvr(?) things, you can't!
    At least no-one I know has managed to break them yet!

7. magic surf bus

Probably about as legal as uploading the programme to YouTube in the first place. I find keepvid.com useful when accumulating good clips on a USB stick for supply work. Not every school allows direct staff access to YouTube.

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

9. There was a CD out recently with clips from the Old Grey Whsitle Test, mainly songs I've already got (although on 12" vinyl!). I said to my son that I'd buy it if it were a DVD with all the video clips on, and he said "You could probably find every one on YouTube," but then went on to give me a little lecture on copyright theft.

10. magic surf bus

Likewise, in the space of 12 months you could probably record all of them from BBC4's prodigious music documentary output. which is doubtless where a lot of the YouTube clips come from. Technically your avatar is copyright theft, but it's all about common sense isn't it?

11. Personally I couldn't care less as long as I get away with it! [​IMG]