1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with BA Dissertation! Urgently need your views on outdoor play and safety concerns!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by janinaaa, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm in my final year at London Metropolitan studying for my BA (hons) in Early Childhood Studies. I am conducting a research on how concerns for children's safety may influence the effectiveness of an outdoor learning environment. I would appreciate if everyone involved in caring for and educating children could fill in the following online survey:
    http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=37643ptxcx
    Please be honest, your opinions will be invaluable to this piece of work and anonymity is guaranteed! Thanks in advance!
    Janina

2. I have completed your survey but was very worried about the question on unsupervised play in the outdoor area. I think that if I am being realistic, I know that I cannot supervise every child at every moment, but the word unsupervised leaves you in a very vulnerable position and I would not recommend using it.

3. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

I have filled in your survey but I didn't understand the question about barriers to outdoor play as it seemed it may mean in general e.g at home with family but all other questions referred to an early years setting.