1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP WITH ART PROJECT

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cathyafonso95, Oct 25, 2016.

1. cathyafonso95

cathyafonso95 New commenter

Hello everyone!

In our KS2 class we are learning about 'hair' in RE, how sacred it is in different religions. We wanted ideas of 4 different art lessons based on the topic...one idea we had was to perhaps get a child to dance, take a picture and try to draw the movement of the hair etc. what do you guys think? I am really struggling to think of at least 3 more.

Many thanks
    xx

2. OLLIPUS

OLLIPUS New commenter

Would suggest fact you have started two threads and are still 3 activities down points to fact you might need to change topic.
    Hair is a strange one to choose, how about how light is important in religion, you have a lot of festivals of light coming up, starting with Diwali - surely this would be a better choice rather than tenuous links to hair...

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Whilst I agree with the above comment suggesting you base your Art work on something else- for example you could consider other 'sacred objects' in different religions, what about looking at colour using hair as an example?
    Hair is never all one colour and children could experiment looking at different hair samples and then trying to recreate different hair colours, blending colours.

4. CathyAfonso12345

CathyAfonso12345 New commenter

Seems like she took your advice onboard - she's got a new post up, check it out and help...I tried :)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. CathyAfonso12345

CathyAfonso12345 New commenter

Seems like she took your advice onboard - she's got a new post up, check it out and help...I tried :)