1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with AQA GCSE Business studies

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by businessman56, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Hi

Is there anyone out there who gets good results with AQA GCSE Business studies who can give me some advice as to the best resources to use and/or any advice as to improve my results especially for the lower ability students. We do well with our A*-B students but have too many students getting D's who should be getting C's. The regrading of the boundaries on the CA didn't help us this year with the C boundary being moved up to 29/40 (72.5%) from 27/40 (67.5%) in previous years. But even with this we have too many getting D's in the exams. We used to do BTEC with our lower ability students but have dropped that because of the Unit 2 examination. I have considered moving to Edexcel but that seems like jumping form the frying pan especially with the 2015 changes coming in. Any assistance or advice would be gratefully received.