1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with application for 2i/c

Discussion in 'English' started by cherry1981, May 2, 2012.

1. Hi!
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to put in the cover letter and types of questions/responses I should give at interview. If anyone has an example cover letter for 2i/c, I would be hugely grateful!

Thanks in advance

2. Hi!
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to put in the cover letter and types of questions/responses I should give at interview. If anyone has an example cover letter for 2i/c, I would be hugely grateful!

Thanks in advance

3. Sedgers

Sedgers New commenter

Someone I know had to observe another member of staff in a lesson and feedback comments as part of the interview process. So making sure you are confident in that might be useful!

4. make sure you address all the requirements they list in the job spec. in you letter - can even write an executive summary (list of their requirements with how you meet them as bullet points on the right of the page). Concentrate on the school and the job - don't go on too much about YOU - and don't be general be specific!

Hope that helps somewhat

5. When I became a 2i/c the key focus was leadership, e.g. how would you lead/support a team, how would you help your HOD and progress, progress, progress.
    You could talk about:
    - leading by example (lesson planning, marking etc.)
    - using data to track and monitor progress
    - initiating wave 1/2/3 interventions
    - driving forward quality teaching and learning "quality first teaching" is a good buzz phrase at the moment.
    - importance of quality assessment, standardising and moderation
    - <u>real </u>cross curricular links
    - whole school literacy (especially with current national drive with literacy) embedding it in own lessons, departments lessons and whole school.

The key thing is to give examples of times when you have lead a project/initiaitve, used data, etc. Hope that helps!
    Good luck
    x