1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with an interview on wednesday French Alevels

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by foulet, May 28, 2012.

1. If you know any Alevels website

2. I don't know the French resources on here but they might be helpful:
    http://mfl.jimdo.com/resources/french-a2-level/
    Look on the examboard's website for any free/accessible resources. There might be resources/texts on other examboards' websites too.
    Don't look around for too long for the "perfect" resource - it doesn't exist. Once you know which topic you want to focus on, stick with it and use the time to think about the lesson structure and objectives/outcomes. Look at the examboard's specs if you unsure about what students are required to do in the written exam/essay and tailor the lesson that way. But don't get too entangled with this either. It's your ideas that will count rather than being able to recite the exam specs.
    I guess, they are aware that you haven't taught A level before. They want to see how you engage students to actively take part in such discussions (verbal/written) and being able to make points and give opinions from different points of views (not just their own).
    My extra advise (someone else gave me recently): Even if you're dealing with grade A students, provide any word/phrase you or they might use on a vocab list for support - this avoids them getting stuck for words and your lesson from slowing down/getting stuck...
    Good luck!!