1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with additional Statement

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SarahJayne66, May 19, 2011.

1. SarahJayne66

SarahJayne66 New commenter

<font size="2">Dear Theo,</font> <font size="2">Hi,I have followed much advice on the forum, but so far not having much luck with interviews. However, staying positive I am looking further field who ask candidates to fill an online form. Schools then can look here (A pool??). </font>
    <font size="2"> In order to stand out, you are asked to write a snap shot of about 100-120 words. </font>
    <font size="2"> I have put enthusiastic, hardworking, willing to go extra mile etc. but not sure what else to write. I would be relocating should I get offered a job should I mention that? </font><font size="2">I have a good Personal statement, but this an extra</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">Thanks </font><font size="2">SJ </font>

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tip for next time: you need to put Dear Theo in the title, as I don't always open all the threads that don't say that.
    Sarah, I don't understand this.
    Are you applying to some sort of agency? And you need to write a short pen-portrait about yourself?
    Look in the Interview Tips to see the idea about having some Key Points about yourself, and use those. The ones you have suggested are pretty run-of-the-mill - who is ever going to admit that they are not any of these! I would consider a desire to re-locate to an area to be pretty key.
    Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!