1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a mobile phone problem...

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by fredhaise, Sep 15, 2020.

1. fredhaise

fredhaise New commenter

I know people will say "google it", but I thought I would ask here first as I have had an annoying problem.

I recently (carelessly) cracked the screen on my phone: Samsung 6 Edge Plus - it has a curved screen so very expensive to repair - not worth it on a phone 4-5 years old. However, my friend recently upgraded and offered me their old one - also a Samsung 6 Edge Plus - it has a pink tinge to the screen (screen burn I believe) but it is still better than my one with cracks across it.

I followed advice online to invoke a full factory reset, however when it re-started, it asked me to enter a gmail account that had previously been synched on that phone??? Why?

My friend suggested her email, but it didn't work (she wasn't sure of the password as it was an old email she had setup the phone with some years ago). I can't now progress with the reset and I am at a dead end.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

2. elder_cat

elder_cat Lead commenter