1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a lesson plan (KS1/2 Maths) for an interview process

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by sunnykj26, Feb 9, 2016.

1. sunnykj26

sunnykj26 New commenter

I have two interviews with university's and i have been instructed to prepare a lesson plan to teach a small group. I have never done anything like this before and would appreciate any ideas / help. I was thinking of doing a maths lesson for KS2.

2. colinbillett

colinbillett Occasional commenter

I've sent you a message in 'conversations'.

3. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

Somewhere in your memory there will be an idea to start with - mine, at the moment, is around the money calculations of a school trip - a reverse engineering exercise:

2 buses - 2 drivers
    1 return journey - 20 mile round trip
    2 class teachers - 50 children - 4 TAs, 2 Parents
    Entrance fees - and price to attend
    Found information from school trip brochure - an idea of the financial workings of the visitor attraction - How many visitors, how many staff.

The maths is subordinate to the task of getting a sense of the real numbers involved in the actual world of work (say).
    From that start you could plan the steps you would need to make - perhaps a table will facilitate accounting.

4. robert_branaghan

robert_branaghan New commenter

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016