1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help - who do I address my notice to?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Morninglover, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

I have always resigned directly to the Head - certainly not to line managers/HoDs etc.

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Agree, Head is the person with responsibility for staff employment and departure.

3. bettieblu

bettieblu New commenter

and this is what I would like to do and have done previously when I had a line manager and/ or head of department, not having either makes the situation a little awkward to approach anyone within the department. Although I recognise that the ultimate letter goes to the Head, should there not usually be someone to 'discuss' or approach initially, also as a school with over 200 staff it makes it a rather impersonal 'announcement'. Not sure who to tell, or warn, within the Dept, as we are already a number of staff down - any ideas?
    thanks again,

4. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Just hand your letter into your head, I find it's best to hand deliver it, but if you don't want to then that's fine, then just inform the rest of your team that that is what you have done. You don't need to discuss it with anyone before hand!!!!