1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help we need to raise money!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by maeve431, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Dear all, my school is in major diffs financially as I am sure many of you are. I was wondering if any of you have any successful fund raising ideas that you could share. We are a small school with a lot of our parents out of work so it cannot be too elaborate. Any suggestions considered. This could be the difference between me losing or keeping my job next year. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Regards
    M

2. Dear all, my school is in major diffs financially as I am sure many of you are. I was wondering if any of you have any successful fund raising ideas that you could share. We are a small school with a lot of our parents out of work so it cannot be too elaborate. Any suggestions considered. This could be the difference between me losing or keeping my job next year. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Regards
    M

3. Our PTA have registered our school on a website called easyfundraising.org.uk (or something similar). I do not know how well it is going but it could be worth a try for you with people doing Christmas then Jan sales shopping? It includes shops like Tesco as well which your parents might be using anyway and apparantly it does not cost the shopper any extra. I know they won't raise the amount you need to keep someone employed, but have you done any sponsored things? Our annual sponsored bounce always raises a few hundred and we borrow the bouncy castle from another local school. It is so hard when you know the parents can not afford to give much, but it's always worth a bucket at the door when you doyour concerts etc, that way there is no pressure and only those who can give will. Good luck!

4. angelinascullina

angelinascullina New commenter

So sorry to hear this, difficult times for everybody. How about staging a show on school premises with simple staging and costumes? We have a show called OLYMPICS: THE NAKED TRUTH which is available for just £20.12p. You would recieve a photocopiable script, score, CDs for rehearsal and performance and a licence to stage the show all for the cost of £20.12p and then you could stage the production with a large cast who can invite family and friends to support for a ticket fee which does not have to be extortionate. Plus you could run a raffle for extra funds. The show ties in well with ancient Greece studies and the forthcoming Olympics too! We are happy to email a PDF copy in the first instance so you can get a taste of the show. Let me know if I can help by emailing contact@luckybucket.co.uk.
    Whatever you do GOOD LUCK!

5. Dear ballagirl, thanks a million for this website. I will run it by the boss tomorrow. We are doing the bucket at the door tomorrow night at our carol concert. We are just very conscious of constantly fundraising with the same people who do not necessarily have it to give. This could be a winner! Merry Christmas!
    M

6. Lots of things you can do:
    Gift Aid on any donations made to the school or any money raised by the PTA and can increase income by 25% without costing the donor any more. In our school we have a school fund account where we ask parents once a year to donate a set amount £15 a term - we get them to gift aid it too.
    Run and auction of promises - you can get businesses invloved with this. Get anyone involved in the school to offer a promise and then people bid for it. It could be a skill, babysitting, making a cake, washing cards, cooking a meal, cut someones grass. You can create a list of all the promises, and then people put in sealed bids for them - someone would need to co-ordinate it all. Or you could run an event with an auctioneer - perhaps a fish and chip night .
    Fish & Chip Quiz night/ bingo night - parents buy a ticket that covers the cost of the fish and chips (from a local shop that will deliver them) plus an extra amount. Good fun . Can include a raffle and sell drinks if necessary but would need a licence to do this. - You can get round this by people "donating" a sum for anything they wish to drink!
    Film afternoon for the kids - watching a brand new DVD in the school hall - kids pay to watch - could be a regular event and not difficult to organise.
    Fashion show. - great fun - there are companies that come to the school with clothes they organise the fashion show and parents buy clothes - schools gets a percentage - only bit of organising is getting letters out to parents asking who is interested and pulling names out a hat !
    www.kidsonthecatwalk.co.uk
    Anyway loads of ideas and advice at the PTA organisation http://www.pta.org.uk/fundraising.aspx
    Also take a look at www.ptalocal.co.uk

7. Dear Annadz, I really appreciate all your help. We do some of these things already but I will certainly suggest the rest to the boss.
    Merry Christmas
    M

8. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Bags2 school collects unwanted clothes from your school and pays you for them. We do 2 collections a year and raise between £300 and £400 each time.
    Go bag packing to the local supermarket. We take some of the kids (in school time, don't tell anyone) and it's easy money. Ring them to book a slot.

9. Hi Maeve431,
    We currently run a fundraising scheme for schools that is totally free and doesn't require much effort, our schools raise anything between £400 and £4,200 per year. please email me at enquiry@eduvoice.co.uk if you would like some information.
    Good luck

Shelley