1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help us fight for MFL Sunderland !

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Geekie, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

... by completing this very short survey http://sunderlandmfl.questionform.com/public/MFLSunderland-Future
    MFL Sunderland is a website which offers free MFL resources for EYFS-KS5. Due to the constraints of the current economic climate, it may have to become a subscription site, so that it pays its way.
    Please pass this on to as many people as you can!
    [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just submitted my answer & comment.
    Keep up the good work!

3. Ditto.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

moi aussi

5. done!

6. MrsKJoel

MrsKJoel New commenter

Will do - we love that site!

7. miss freckle

miss freckle New commenter

Have done - thanks for all the work you do. I've probably taken it for granted although did thank you via the site some years ago now...

8. Geekie

Thankyou so much to everyone for the 280+ responses so far. The comments that everyone has taken the time to put in question 3 are incredibly useful.
    MFL Sunderland has always been a resource-sharing site. You'll find a comment of mine about sharing resources here (Jan 31st comment).
    Thanks to everyone again. [​IMG]

9. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

I am curious how much it costs to host the site. Are there cheaper ways of hosting it? Are google ads an option to raise a little revenue. Frenchteacher.net costs around £90 a year to host. You might find that at least £40 a month could be raised with ads. Banner ads?
    If it became a subscription site there may be issues to address with contributors.

10. Geekie

MFL Sunderland is owned by the local authority and not by me personally. I manage it on their behalf, and they host it on sunderlandschools.org, which is a portal that hosts many LA sites, and therefore cover all the costs (which will be considerable as the site is over 1GB). Therefore we would have to be careful with any advertising as we could not be seen to be promoting particular publishers, for example. We are also having to think carefully about intellectual property.

11. mpc

mpc

Done!