1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Toddler wanting milk first thing again

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by hmummy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Need a bit of advice please. My 18 month old has started waking up in the morning and screaming for milk - until 2 weeks ago she was perfectly happy with waking up calmly, having breakfast about 15 minutes later and then a bottle before her nap. She refuses to take milk from anything other than a bottle and I don't want her to revert to the habit of drinking much more milk than she necessarily needs in the place of food. Could this be linked to a recent case of gastroenteritis? She usually has about 15 oz throughout the day plus other dairy etc.
    Any advice?
    Many thanks!

2. I can't really offer advice other than to suggest that this could be your toddler trying to assert some control. My 23 month old was baby-led weaned and ate everything (veg included) until a few months ago, before turning into a really fussy eater. All I can suggest is thatyou doon't make an issue of it with them (which I'm sure you're not doing). Kids sort themselves out, and so long as they're not living off sweets and energy drinks (save that for year 9) they'll be fine.