1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help to find loose chair covers please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Jan 24, 2012.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I have two tub/bucket chairs which are lovely. However, I have bought a sofa bed and they have to be rehoused in different rooms. I am going to have one in my bedroom, which I'm going to revamp as soon as the weather gets better!! The other one has gone to my brother's house where they have also put it into a bedroom.
    Now I thought it would be easy to find neutral covers for this chair as they are very popular. I can't find any at all. When I do a search Plumbs comes up and they are talking about made to measure stuff as is Laura Ashley. Argos & Ikea don't do anything and I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now. They only cost |£99 each a few years ago so I'm not wanting to spend a great deal on covers.
    Any ideas?

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I have two tub/bucket chairs which are lovely. However, I have bought a sofa bed and they have to be rehoused in different rooms. I am going to have one in my bedroom, which I'm going to revamp as soon as the weather gets better!! The other one has gone to my brother's house where they have also put it into a bedroom.
    Now I thought it would be easy to find neutral covers for this chair as they are very popular. I can't find any at all. When I do a search Plumbs comes up and they are talking about made to measure stuff as is Laura Ashley. Argos & Ikea don't do anything and I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now. They only cost |£99 each a few years ago so I'm not wanting to spend a great deal on covers.
    Any ideas?

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

A 'throw' from IKEA?

5. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Giraffe - that is perfect (might change the fabric though). Don't really have to go down the road of making it myself as then I would have to buy a sewing maching first!
    Nutella- a throw might have to surffice if nothing else becomes possible.