1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help teaching A level Textiles (AQA) (Trainee Teacher)

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by NinaCWalsh, Feb 20, 2016.

1. NinaCWalsh

NinaCWalsh New commenter

Hi all.....

Just wondered if anyone can help? I am a trainee teacher about to start teaching AS and A level Textiles (AQA). I have observed a couple of coursework lessons where students have been working independently on their own projects but I am about to start teaching some theory.

I have looked over and over the AQA specification but must admit find it very brief, its not been a great help to me so far. I am just a bit unsure as to how to structure an AS / A level lesson? How to know I am teaching the right content? How detailed the content needs to be? What will help my students in terms of prep for exams?

If anyone has any advice or any resources I would be very grateful! I have gone through the spec and have picked the following topics out so far:

Manufacturing systems

The role of the designer

The role of professionals within the textile industry

Fibre classification

Working properties of materials

I have 10, 1 hour lessons with an AS and A Level class and want to make sure I am delivering lessons that include the right content and are engaging and useful.

Thanks for reading

Nina

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

No replies - you do realise that not many schools teach textiles now?