1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help- teaching 20 minute literacy lesson for 30 reception children in the afternoon!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by shortgal, May 10, 2012.

1. Help!
    On Tuesday I need to teach a 20 minute literacy lesson for reception. I can choose learnign intention or focus but i have never taught reception so I am worried about pace and pitch.
    Plus I'd have to teach late afternoon.
    Does anyone know of any amazing sites or literacy activities I could do?
    Thank you!

2. Help!
    On Tuesday I need to teach a 20 minute literacy lesson for reception. I can choose learnign intention or focus but i have never taught reception so I am worried about pace and pitch.
    Plus I'd have to teach late afternoon.
    Does anyone know of any amazing sites or literacy activities I could do?
    Thank you!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If it were me, I'dstart reseraching some EYFS aims and objectives and see what attracts my attention and go from there. Remember, what I call 'littlies' have <u>very</u> short concentration spans.

4. Thats exactly what I am doing now. It's difficult because its so broad- literacy 20 minutes 30 chilren reception class-Go for it!
    Their reception is very high attaining as well so I need to keep my pitch right!
    I want to get them all involvded. I was thinking story sack, concentrate on a phonic sound, high frequency words then sequencing the story on interactive wb I'd have a share hard copy if the IWB does not work that day. I'm trying not to over think it!
    This is an outstanding school so they do not have any key development points that relate to literacy.
    What do you think?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview!
    But do be careful - don't put your ideas on here; it's a public site, someone else might see them and . . . pinch them!
    Do go to the Welcome thread and read the general advice in the Interview clickables.
    And then read this: * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it)
    Well done again on getting your interview - we look forward to you starting a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes.