1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Tea on laptop!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mfl-hopeful, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Space in the airing cupboard? I've put mobiles in there overnight when dropped in water.

2. Thank you - borrowed my Mums computer keyboard and managed to get all my stuff off - phew! Is working absolutely fine except for a few keys (and typically one which i need to log on!!!) Gonna turn it off and see how it is tomorrow!

3. star_bright

star_bright New commenter

Turn the laptop over and place some rice under the keys that are stuck. Boil in the bag rice works well, I didn't have any and had to make a little rice pillow out of kitchen roll when I spilt water on mine.
    This was the advice from the techno geek websites I visited when I needed to be turning it off... still works but I'm expecting a shorter life expectancy.

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I hope it was quality tea, not that monkey brew stuff!

5. bnm

bnm

I spilt nail polisher remover on mine and it survived.

6. Phew! All dried out and appears to be working well again now! Thank you for your advice in my moment of panic!