1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP TAFKAM-THEO SAYS YOU'LL KNOW ABOUT THIS...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by silverlillies, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Morning!
    I'm an advanced skills teacher looking for my next opportunity. I would appreciate advice on what would happen if I went for Head Of Dept with TLR 1?
    I've been an AST for 8 years and became an AST before going through UPS- I'm on AST 5.
    Advice given by a union rep when our school was being restructured was that being an AST was the equivalent of passing through the upper threshold so any change to my job would need to reflect that in what I should expect to be paid. I wonder- does the same apply if I took a move to a role in a new school and how would you broach this issue appropriately with the school?
    Thanks

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

If I recall correctly, ASTs are considered to have gone through threshold by definition, but any further increase would be subject to negotiation. So the minimum you'd get would be UPS1 + any TLR