1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help ta interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by estheexd1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. estheexd1

estheexd1 New commenter

Hii so I I have a teaching interview on Thursday thats 2hr 30 mins (is that normal, ive never an interview go on tha long) which consists of a 20min lesson teaching 4-6 reception Kids on feelings (which has to include mark making/ writing) , a written task, a panel interview and a tour

For the lesson I planned on using flash cards that has different emotions and get them to identify the emotion and ask them to mimic it then Ill give each of them a different card and ask them to drawn what makes them feel like it And get them to explain to everyone and at the end get them to act out a different emotion and every Has to guess - does that seem like a decent lesson ?

Put could I get a some advice and tips for the rest of the interview since this is my first ta interview and im slightly interview

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Aha. I see.

3. BW12345

BW12345 Lead commenter

Sounds good to me. You walk in with a big smile and assuming none of them says "Hey Miss, we can see through that silly grin that you're 5 hitting yourself", you'll be fine! ;) You can comment on their smiles then develop it...