1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help TA Interview Task

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by shrek1609, Jun 30, 2011.

1. help please... short notice interview for TA post in primary (general classroom TA).

Task is group of year 4/5 children.

10-15 minute session.

but need to plan starter, main and plenary with follow up activities
    must have a learning intention, success criteria
    mixed abilities
    must include a text

Thinking about turning this into a SEALS session discussing feelings/emotions/regrets.

Was thinking about Robinson Crusoe but on re-reading the text it seems very old fashioned. I am wanting to explore how the children felt being washed up alone on an island. What do they miss from home. If they had known what was going to happen what item would they have taken from home and why. How do they think family would feel.

Linking to a literacy theme whereby they write a letter to put in a bottle to cast into the sea explaining who they are, how they are feeling etc.

Can anyone help me? Can anyone suggest a better book or have any thoughts as to how to bring my idea together?

Many thanks

2. Just wanted to say I don't know why the above isn't keeping my formatting and layout?!?!?!?!?

3. JWMU

JWMU New commenter

Have a look at Kensuke's Kingdom by Micheal Morpurgo, might be just what you are looking for. Good luck :)