1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help... student friendly GCSE grade descriptions for C/D borderline project!

Discussion in 'English' started by Slouie, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of any 'student friendly' grade descriptions, especially for C and D grades!
    I'm not a teacher but I run an Aimhigher project for C/D borderline students to visit a local theatre, see a show and take part in a review writing workshop with a local newspaper Arts Editor. We plan to incorporate a student handbook with past students work, and include a simple description of the difference between grade C and grade D work. But I am struggling to find anything suitable any known examples/links much appreciated.

Thanks
    Sarah - Aimhigher Projects Officer (the University of Winchester)

2. Does anyone know of any 'student friendly' grade descriptions, especially for C and D grades!
    I'm not a teacher but I run an Aimhigher project for C/D borderline students to visit a local theatre, see a show and take part in a review writing workshop with a local newspaper Arts Editor. We plan to incorporate a student handbook with past students work, and include a simple description of the difference between grade C and grade D work. But I am struggling to find anything suitable any known examples/links much appreciated.

Thanks
    Sarah - Aimhigher Projects Officer (the University of Winchester)

3. regentsreject

regentsreject Occasional commenter

The Specifications contain narrative descriptions of performance at Grades A, C and F which should be understandable for students but might need a little tweaking. These were written by QCDA so are common to all boards. For AQA, they're on P29 of the English Language spec.

4. D=Describe C=ExplainB=ExploreI think I might have a bit more detail on the posters in my classroom. Although these were culled from a Spec in the days when it was still a syllabus, it still holds true.