1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Start teaching GCSE drama next week and I havent got a clue!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by lolanice19, Jun 2, 2011.

1. I have agreed to teach GCSe drama which is not my subject. I have obviously been through the syllabus etc and will be using reflective journals. I have also chosen a text. I just dont know where to start! Should I start with dramatic techniques? What should they know at GCSE?

HELP!

2. I have agreed to teach GCSe drama which is not my subject. I have obviously been through the syllabus etc and will be using reflective journals. I have also chosen a text. I just dont know where to start! Should I start with dramatic techniques? What should they know at GCSE?

HELP!

3. Let us know which board and it will be easier to focus on the spec demands - although your question 'what should they know at GCSE' is a different one to what do they need to get through the spec .... start with the spec and then work outwards.

4. Hi

It does depend on what exam board you are using. I use Edexcel and I always start with the skills first - my lot don't do Drama until GCSE (don't ask!!!!) and I like to start everyone off on the same level so to speak. I've got a SOW which (I think) you can adapt to any exam board if you want to have a look at it. Either PM me or email me on nwyllie@hotmail.co.uk and I'll let you have a look at it.
    Once I've done the initial one; I move on to looking at various themes or issues like Gun and Knife Crime, Oppression, Body Image, War, Life and Old Age, Mental Illness. If you'd like to look at any of these, let me know.
    Nicky xxx[​IMG]