1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help-SMT meetings

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by joeym, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Can I be asked to attend SMT meetings when I am not a member of SMT....to be SM surely you are interviewed for the role and it is passed by governors....also can I ask how accountable the SMT are under OFSTED....

How regular are your meetings ?

cheers all

2. DM

DM New commenter

Certainly, if you have something to report on or contribute.
    How do you mean? Ofsted have a great interest in the quality of Leadership.
    We meet once per week for 2 hours and have a 20 minute SMT briefing each morning. Obviously, there are smaller meetings in addition to this.

3. I would say these questions really depend on your role in school. For example, if the HT was randomly asking her friends in school to attend then that isn't appropriate. However, if you are in a leadership position then that makes sense. In my current school the Literacy Coordinator has recently joined the SLT as Literacy has become a major issue in the school and therefore required more of a focus. Her pay was also increased.

4. Interesting. Why was her pay increased? Has her job role changed?

5. Yes her role was changed as she was moved onto SLT and therefore given a pay increase, not sure whether it was onto Leadership or a higher TLR.