1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Sikhism resources needed!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by matryoshkadoll, Jun 21, 2011.

1. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

I have been asked to put together a lesson about Sikh attitudes to money for year 7 and I have no resources whatsoever except an edexcel religion and life text book - which isn't overly useful! It has been suggested to use the story of Lalo and Malik Bhago meeting Guru Nanak which I have managed to download. I have no other resources that deal specifically with Sikhism and attitudes to wealth. Apparently the Directions 1 book has something on it, but I only have directions 2! Does anyone have this resource that they could scan in and I could use? Or something else that you may have to hand. I need to do the lesson next week and have not taught this before. Here's a big hopeful thanks in advance!!!

2. matryoshkadoll

Thanks guys!! So far I have had two PM's! Messages sent to you inboxes! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. I've just watched a repeat of the 'Strike - when Britian went to war' about the miner's strike.

Apparently the sikh temples collected a lot of money for the miners as well as feeding them, might be worth looking at the clip on 4OD

4. matryoshkadoll

Will check it out - thatnks for that! xx

5. matryoshkadoll

oops, meant thanks!!

6. Have emailed you - sorry for the delay.