1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help Shrek wow session with CLL or PSRN focus!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by littlemissstressed, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Hi all, In need of some inspiration for the coming week and I am been observed on Monday. Our theme is fairytales at the minute and I am drawing ablank. Children have used talk for writing and would like them to watch the film on Monday am- what would my first step be with them in the pm?
    Thanks all

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It's a very long film - if you are going to use it why not select a small part and work around the characters in that bit.

3. CLL - Hot seating? Speaking and Listening
    You model this first - pretend to be one of the characters (masks sometimes help) and the children ask you questions. You answer as the character would. I did this with mine last year and they picked it up very quickly and we had some children on the hot seat who were fabulous - very empathic to the character. I'd choose Shrek and Donkey so you could bring in how they felt when they met each other etc.