1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! SEN interview

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lesleykjones, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hello, I really need some help and advice, please. I am an NQT and I have an interview on Friday to teach a year 7 SEN class a literacy lesson based on communication. It is a school which caters for profound and complex learning difficulties. They school has sent me through the pupils personalised learning data and now I feel that I don't have the skills to teach them. I have experience of teaching SEN pupils but only in a mainstream school. Any advice would be gratefully welcomed.

2. Hello, I really need some help and advice, please. I am an NQT and I have an interview on Friday to teach a year 7 SEN class a literacy lesson based on communication. It is a school which caters for profound and complex learning difficulties. They school has sent me through the pupils personalised learning data and now I feel that I don't have the skills to teach them. I have experience of teaching SEN pupils but only in a mainstream school. Any advice would be gratefully welcomed.

3. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

sorry for late reply. Just spotted your post. What is the NC level range of the group? What ideas have you had? Do all the pupils have profound learning difficulties (Generally considered to be pupils working at and below P3)