1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help! scitt interview and dreading the questions....

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by swalker123, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Hi! thats really helpful...I mentioned having an interview last yr on my app form but only to say that i had acted onthe feedback from last year (to get more school experience) and didn't go into any detail. i won't mention it this time cos don't want to remind them who I was from last year, want to be remembered for improving on last yr..
    last year we had to discuss a book and i think i my prob is that i'm good at devising creatice, fun lessons and the practical application of things int he classroom (ie a book could be a book review, literacy, spellings etc, they're just very basic ideas that sprung to mind) but thr theory and issues i'm not so hot on as I can't talk about them fleuntly and confidently, such as whether to abolish SATS (last years topic in group discussion stage) cos back thren I was in reception class. now i'm with yr 4 class so again don't experience SATs...or if i do talk about something i really know about it i tend to hog the stage and take over! and obviously nerves set in which makes me waffle...!!!

what would oyu suggest I do to prepare for the interview, aside from read the tes for toipical issues and stuff? i haven't had my confirmation letter yet so i don't kniow what my presentation will be on. anything you can help with would be fantastic! also did they ask if you knew what to expetc from the course (ie. the harsh workload!)
    sorry for bad typing again x

2. Poppy_Red

Poppy_Red New commenter

Hiya,

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much about current issues - as long as you have an awreness that is enough! You will learn that stuff on the course and on placements. The group discussion is to see how you work with others, so even if it's a topic you know nothing about just make a contribution, e.g. 'that's interesting, why do you think that?' Rather than using it as an opportunity to show off what you know, use it as an opportunity to show how well you listen and relate to others - I think it is better to ask questions, make sure everyone else is involved (e.g. 'what to you think?') rather than bulldozing over everyone!

I wasn't asked about any current issues at all, except barriers to learning, so don't worry! Best advice is to be as enthusiastic and smiley as possible - show them how much you want it!

Hope this helps xx

3. oh my god thank you thank you!! before i read this i was just sitting here worrying about currrent issues funnily enough so looked tes paper online and was little help, so am v v happy that you put these links up! i will start swotting up straight away!

4. Poppy_Red

Poppy_Red New commenter

Well??! How did it go? xx