1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Science KS3 Schemes of work

Discussion in 'Science' started by TheGDA, May 1, 2011.

1. Hi

I'm putting together next year's schemes of work for KS3 Science (years 7 & 8).
    I need help. Maybe a template or model sow that I can take inspiration from[​IMG].

2. Are there no Science Teachers out there[​IMG]

3. arsinh

arsinh New commenter

What happened to the promise you made on the English Forum this afternoon that you would let your Science teacher write his or her own Scheme of Work? Surely you were not being disingenuous?

4. Will you not leave me alone?

5. I think you need to write your own SOWs. They are syllabus specific and will also depend on your timetable, the resources you have available & the ability pupils you teach.
    I would be very worried if anyone in our school was using another school's SOW - it would demonstrate a level of unprofessionalism & / or incompetence that would ring some very loud alarm bells!

6. Or buy one in.

7. Thank you for making your point. Just to let you know that I have taken almost all of the points into consideration ans was not planning to copy and past another school's SoW.
    The aim was to take a little bit of inspiration from the variet that is out there. This would add creativity and innovation to what I already have in front of me.
    Thank you for your thoughts.