1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! School production - The Wizard of Oz Music needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cyfoster, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Hi,

I am doing the Wizard of Oz as a end of year production with year 5 and 6. Does anyone have a copy or know where i can get good backing tracks rather than a piano score?

It may be my last production at this school so want to leave on a high!

Cy

2. Hi,

I am doing the Wizard of Oz as a end of year production with year 5 and 6. Does anyone have a copy or know where i can get good backing tracks rather than a piano score?

It may be my last production at this school so want to leave on a high!

Cy

3. Unable to help, I'm afraid, but I could do with a copy of this too, so please let me know if you have any luck...

4. Out of interest, how much are you willing to spend?

5. Why not choose something that you can get the resources for - there are loads of good musicals out these fully supported.

6. this site doesnt appear to work. Any ideas where I could get backing tracks from? I can find nothing.

7. Here is a link to the company that holds the rights to both versions of The Wizard of Oz. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction:
    http://www.tams-witmark.com/musicals/wizard.html
    Incidentally, you may also want to check with them whether amateur performing rights are currently available. I'd have thought that with the new version opening in the West End soon, they'd be withdrawing amateur rights (unless you're thinking about doing it illegally of course)

8. Have you tried iTunes for kareoke backing tracks? We found the songs we needed from there last time we did a production (not Wiz of Oz though...!)

9. Hey, do you use Spotify? It's completely free and I've just found the whole production in Karaoke. Not sure how great it is or if it will do the job! Thinking of doing this production at my new (and first)! school next term! Good luck :D

10. Not being a sad sack here - HONEST - but dont you need permission or a liciense to do WIzard of OZ?