1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help Required

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Lottes, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Perhaps depends on where in the UK you are based, but how about London?... trip on the Thames, plenty of sights, London Eye, Covent Garden... As the price would be cheaper than going abroad there could be a range of pre-booked 'treats' in with the price - One of the many ghost walks, a meal at Hard Rock Cafe and a West End show would keep them entertained in the evenings?
    ... although not sure of the Olympics timings... maybe that would be a plus point though!?
    Heard 'euro-study-tours' are decent, not used them personally though. Good luck!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

IOf you want adventure stuff then give the Old Vicarage Activity centre a ring or email (they are in google). They do residential and camping stays with all sorts of stuff that can be included such as abseiling, canoeing, archery, paintball, quads, horses plus loads of other stuff.

3. v12

v12

Our annual trip to the Ardèche takes about 20 hours in a coach But..
    We go for 9 days
    It's 13 year olds
    It costs £650 per child (adults free)
    It's in the first week of the Summer holidays
    I take about 50 children plus 5 colleagues
    We're camping

It's great fun - (This year will be my 6th year organising it) - and the children remember it forever.
    I use Acorn Adventures.