1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help required on EYFS theory asap!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Bella82, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am an NQT trained in primary 5-11 and now have 3 reception interviews next week. One of which I have already been observed for and went really well. I have done a lot of supply teacher reception work which I have really enjoyed so I do have some experience to draw upon, however I need to know more about the theoretical side of the EYFS.

Can anyone suggest any websites and books which would cover a lot of this information (about behaviour management, assessment, teaching and learning strategies in the foundation stage).

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I already have the EYFS profile handbook

2. Hi all, I am an NQT trained in primary 5-11 and now have 3 reception interviews next week. One of which I have already been observed for and went really well. I have done a lot of supply teacher reception work which I have really enjoyed so I do have some experience to draw upon, however I need to know more about the theoretical side of the EYFS.

Can anyone suggest any websites and books which would cover a lot of this information (about behaviour management, assessment, teaching and learning strategies in the foundation stage).

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I already have the EYFS profile handbook

3. hurny

hurny New commenter

I assume you also have the 2008 EYFS document with the themes and principles etc. If not then go to the national strategies website. The themes and principles are important as they set out all that you should be doing as an early years practitioner.
    This is a good website: http://www.foundation-stage.info/articles/article_index.php?category=7 for information.
    You might want to look at Dame Tickel's review of the EYFS on the DFE website, as that is probably the way we will be going in 2012.....yet more changes in early years!
    Good luck with you interviews.

4. hurny

hurny New commenter

5. hurny

hurny New commenter

6. Thanks so much hurny, they look really helpful. I'll have a good read through.

7. Thanks a lot hurny, I'll have a good read through.