1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help requested with Google Photos please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Sep 3, 2015.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Up to now, any photo that I take on my mobile phones automatically get loaded into Google Photos once the phones are in wifi. Within 15 minutes of coming home, they are available on my computer.

But suddenly that has stopped. Not just with one phone - I could believe in an individual malfunction - but in both.

Nothing since 25 August.

Normally I click on to the icon for Photos while I am in my Googlemail on the computer, and a new tab comes up with them. But nothing now.

Google Photos, not Google+

I can get the photos onto my computer by selecting individually on my phone and then sharing/uploading to Google Photos, but the automatic element has disappeared. On both phones.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and how to revert to the previous automatic uploading?

Thank you.

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Are you on one of those free offers for the cloud? If you are has it run out and now they expect payment?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thanks for the suggestion, blazer, but no . . . in fact two different phones registered in two different countries.

An annoying mystery.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thanks dom-tom, I'll have a look later when I get back from school.

I actually pay for Google data storage for the photos . . .

Best wishes

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I read the article,dom-tom, and then started looking through my photos. It seems that Google has been uploading and storing two copies of every photo in the last 15 years!

I have started deleting and that seems to have solved the problem, so thank you very much for that link.

Best wishes

7. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

You're welcome. Glad you have sorted it.