1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Present for a 3 year old needed!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparkly_duck, Jun 1, 2011.

1. My friend's daughter is 3 and I need to buy her a birthday present, by Sunday.
    She is into dressing up, jigsaws, princesses and picnics at the moment. I have made a conscious decision to not give her 'girly' presents (on the grounds that everybody else will and a girl can have too much pink, which is a stance that my friend supports me with), and I want to try and stick to that.
    I have about £15 to spend.
    Any ideas, oh lovely people of TES?

2. Argos 2 for £15 range. a set of six pairs dressing up shoes and whatever else you fancy.
    I buy these for my grandson to give as B.Day presents to his little friends at nursery.
    Thorntons have little gft boxes cars and butterflies £2.50. I give one Argos gift with a choc gift keeps costs down and littlies love them.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

IKEA have brilliant play tents for £7.00ish and also really nice pretend fruit and veg made from felt at £6.00 something for fruit and same again for veg. The person who designed the leek had a cheeky sense of humour.

4. Why not invest in a lovely book appropriate for a 3 yo + a puppet. Your little friend will no doubt be showered with all the dress up stuff from here there and everywhere.BUT a good book will be there at the end of the latest fad.

5. How about a flower press? You can get them at ELC or amazon etc. Girly without being over the top pink-and now it's coming to summer..hours of fun!

6. ELC is always the answer ... got a fab "outdoor explorer kit" for my nephew for Easter ... about £15 and it had a bug collector and binoculars and some other cool stuff

They have plenty of kits like this

They also do fantastic jigsaws

7. And this is why I ask TES! Thanks for the suggestions Tessers.
    I shall investigate ELC and the Ikea tent thing... I do need to go to Ikea anyway, so that might be the way forward.
    Thanks again!

8. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I'd got for outdoors toys at this time of year- a giant bubble hoop or some velcro bats and balls...

9. *UPDATE!*
    I have just got back from the birthday party and ended up buying her the Explorer kit from ELC. Turned out she already has a tent!
    She loved the explorer kit... we had to go and explore the house for her toys!
    Thank you for all of your fantastic ideas and suggestions; I think they'll keep me going for years.