1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by asher6249, May 3, 2012.

1. Hi, I am a secondary teacher but am involved with a Year 6 Reading Day. The students are below level 3 and am getting stuck for ideas. I teach Fresh Start Phonics with my Year 7's but wanted something a little more than several hours worth of Phonics.
    Does anybody have any ideas where i could start?
    Thanks and best wishes to anyone with any information that would spur me on

2. Hi, I am a secondary teacher but am involved with a Year 6 Reading Day. The students are below level 3 and am getting stuck for ideas. I teach Fresh Start Phonics with my Year 7's but wanted something a little more than several hours worth of Phonics.
    Does anybody have any ideas where i could start?
    Thanks and best wishes to anyone with any information that would spur me on

3. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Do you mean you want ideas for activities like creating things relating to the book? Or do you want additional ways to teach children to read? [​IMG]

4. Im not sure what you mean either as Ive never experienced a secondary teacher being involved with Y6 in this way. What exactly does it entail? If they are below L3 I am presuming they are in need of extra support and help as they are way below average?

5. give details of theme required (eg/ a short story, a type of book . . . .. ), number of children, other levels needed - there are plenty of year 6 teachers on here wanting to think about something other than SATs! xx