1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by kasaba2000, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hi
    My name is Amed
    I am an overseas qualified teacher of Spanish, with more than 8 years of experience, in different countries, (Morocco, Spain, France)
    I ve never taught in UK. and i am tired to apply because never they called me to interview. I am desperate to apply, may be because ofmy English level wich is not good, but i am thinking in modern Languages classes, teachers should use more these languages than English, isn t it?
    How can i apply? what can i do?what to say when they call me? to apply with schools or through agencies? whats the best way to do it? please i need your help, how did you get your first job? i don t care about money, i love this job and it s the only thing i can do.
    Could you give me some advices please, some trick or secrets to hold my first job in UK.
    I am waiting for your advices with impatience.
    Thanks
    Amed

2. Hi
    My name is Amed
    I am an overseas qualified teacher of Spanish, with more than 8 years of experience, in different countries, (Morocco, Spain, France)
    I ve never taught in UK. and i am tired to apply because never they called me to interview. I am desperate to apply, may be because ofmy English level wich is not good, but i am thinking in modern Languages classes, teachers should use more these languages than English, isn t it?
    How can i apply? what can i do?what to say when they call me? to apply with schools or through agencies? whats the best way to do it? please i need your help, how did you get your first job? i don t care about money, i love this job and it s the only thing i can do.
    Could you give me some advices please, some trick or secrets to hold my first job in UK.
    I am waiting for your advices with impatience.
    Thanks
    Amed

3. Hello
    In my experience if your letter of application has grammatical and spelling errors in it it will be disregarded immediately.
    What teaching qualifications do you have? You'll need to find out if they are recognised in the UK.
    Unfortunately I think you will find it extremely difficult to find a teaching job in secondary schools in the UK as a Spanish teacher (in the north west of England at any rate). Native speakers themselves find it difficult.
    Good luck.

4. Herringthecat

Herringthecat New commenter

Of course, it depends on your financial situation, but are you able to come to the UK to study English and at the same time teach Spanish to adults? I do agree though that one of the tricks or secrets if you want to teach in ordinary schools is going to be getting to a near-native level of English, even if you're teaching Spanish! But within adult education, which is much more freelance, it may be easier to find work.

5. Thanks Jimois
    So I am Qualified teacher of Spanish in Morocco. I havegot a degree in Spanish Language and Art, Recognized by Naric London. I ve been working more than 8 years in ordinary schools(Secondary). I am living now in Swansea. May be you are right about my letter of application, it doesn t convince them,i think I should work it more.
    Thanks for your answer

6. Hi herringthecat
    Thanks for reply
    I know that is hard to get a job in an ordinary school, but just to let you know that i will never be like a English native speaker. I am now living in Swansea, i am studying, English, i see that i can improve it, but to be like native, i think is imposible. you know how are Languages?
    Really, i don t know what to do to realize this dream.
    Thanks