1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Balbo79, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I'm about to go through threshold in September - on to ups 1. Will I receive the same pay for two years until I get to ups 2 in two years? No pay increment next year? Thanks

2. I'm about to go through threshold in September - on to ups 1. Will I receive the same pay for two years until I get to ups 2 in two years? No pay increment next year? Thanks

3. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Yes, two successful perfomance management cycles before you can apply for UPS2, then another 2 for UPS3.

4. Thank you clawethorpegirl. So that's probably about 34000 for successive years? How come no pay rise? Any idea?

5. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Because we are in the middle of a pay freeze, no increases due until 2014 and then only 1% (I think). So unless you can progress up the scale, gain a TLR or move onto Leadership scale then no pay rise!
    I guess there's 2 years between UPS points because you have to meet additional criteria beond main pay scale to justify the extra salary and also take on extra responsibilites within school. Or maybe it's just to save some money!

6. Thank you again. Do you think that our pays could be cut after today's budget? Bringing public sector pay in line with the private sector? Are they allowed to reduce our pay?

7. It's possible.