1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help Please - Written task for interview at SEN school

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by sammie16, Sep 30, 2015.

1. sammie16

sammie16 New commenter

Hi,
    I have been invited to attend an interview at an SEN school. The letter states that I will be asked to complete a short written task lasting 10 minutes.
    I have no idea what this means as it seems very vague. Do I need to prepare anything? Is this a task I will need to deliver to the children? Will the school provide me with a writing task?
    Any help will be appreciated!
    Sam

2. sammie16

sammie16 New commenter

Sorry I forgot to mention this is a Teaching assistant post.

3. KBeck85

KBeck85 New commenter

Hi,

It means they will give you a written task when you get there, they won't give you any advanced warning of what it is. No need to worry though, it will just be something to ensure you have some understanding of SEN.

I'm a SENCO and a common one we use is just to write a One Plan (IEP) for an example student, it is likely to be this. They may give you a scenario and ask you to write about how you would support that student/group of students.

If by some coincidence you are in/near Essex I'm hiring at the moment! Putting an ad on TES this week.

KJ