1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please...when I move to Upper Pay Scale 1, will I get an increment straight away?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by mooncheek, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

Hi, I'd appreciate your advice-I'm currently on M5, but would like to know for future reference- when I move from M6 to UP1, will I get a pay increment at the same time, or will I have to wait until the following year, when I;ll be on UP2?
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

Hi, I'd appreciate your advice-I'm currently on M5, but would like to know for future reference- when I move from M6 to UP1, will I get a pay increment at the same time, or will I have to wait until the following year, when I;ll be on UP2?
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'm not too sure what you're asking here. The while point of moving from M6 to the upper scale is that it raises your pay. Then you have to wait at least a further two years before it can rise again when you move to UPS2.

www.tesfaq.co.uk/pay

4. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

Sorry for any misunderstanding- I appreciate that it takes 2 years to go from Upper1 to Upper 2,and another 2 years to go from Upper 2 to Upper 3, but how long does it take to get from M6 to Upper 1? Is it the normal 1 year progression to get to Upper 1 from M6, or is it a 2 Year progression, (as is the case for Upper 1 to Upper 2.)
    Thanks for any help.

5. coppull

coppull New commenter

6. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

You can apply for threshold as soon as you're on M6, and you can then move to UPS1 the following September - so you can spend just one year on M6.
    www.tesfaq.co.uk/threshold